# Use a New Tab Other Than the LipSurf New Tab Page
Due to Google Chrome security restrictions, LipSurf can't show the live transcript and not all LipSurf commands will work on the default new tab page, or on another extension's new tab page. To overcome these limitations, LipSurf has it's own "new tab" page.
# Don't want LipSurf on your new tab?
Google Chrome will use the new tab page for the latest new tab extension installed. To use a different new tab page, simply install the new tab extension you want to use after you've installed LipSurf.
# Use a New "New Tab" Page Extension
Install the extension of the new tab page extension you want to use (after LipSurf is installed).
Google Chrome will now use the new tab page of the latest extension you just installed.
# Revert to a Previous "New Tab" Extension
If you had a new tab extension installed before LipSurf that you to revert the new tab to:
- First, make sure your data from the other new tab extension is backed up (either exported or stored online) to prevent losing data/settings for the other extension.
- Once your data in the other extension (e.g. Momentum) is backed up, go to the URL
chrome://extensionsin Google Chrome.
- Locate the other extension on the extensions page, then click the Remove button.
- Go to the Chrome Web Store and search for the extension you just removed.
- Reinstall the extension you want to use for the new tab.
- Open a new tab. You should now see the other new tab extension there, and can continue to use all LipSurf commands on pages with normal
https://...URLs (but commands are limited on the new tab page).